Ebbett Volkswagen received the prestigious award of the nest Volkswagen Dealership in New Zealand in 2017 for the second consecutive year.
Volkswagen New Zealand has recognised and rewarded all-round excellence at its inaugural Volkswagen Dealer of the year awards. The gala event, held at the Auckland War Memorial Museum, celebrated the winners within the Volkswagen Retail network across a range of departments including Customer Experience, Parts, Service, Finance, Passenger Sales, Commercial Sales and Marketing before presenting top awards for Provincial Dealer of the Year, Metro Dealer of the Year and the overall Volkswagen Dealer of the Year.
Tom Ruddenklau, General Manager of Volkswagen New Zealand, explained that the event was an opportunity to celebrate not only success, but the delivery of the Volkswagen brand in our communities.
“Our dealer of the year awards is a momentous occasion where we recognise just how important our people are. We are blessed with world class products from Volkswagen, however it is our dealer teams who ultimately make the difference and transform our business from being a company who delivers cars to a company who brings to life a customer relationship with the Volkswagen Brand.”
The event was attended by representatives and partners from 17 Volkswagen dealerships, and Volkswagen New Zealand staff. The evening was also an opportunity for Volkswagen NZ to recognise all its newly certified staff and the four newly qualified Master Technicians taking the total from 17 to 21 across the company.
Tom Ruddenklau added
“as a nation in general we are not one to boast about how good we are, however it is important, especially among peers to recognise those that have gone above and beyond and have excelled.”
The Dealer of the Year is a program which focuses on topline results, quality and delivery of brand experience. The 2017 Dealer of the Year winners are:
Overall Volkswagen Dealer of the Year
- Ebbett Volkswagen, Hamilton
- Parts Department of the Year: Euro City, Napier
- Service Department of the Year: W.R. Phillips, New Plymouth
- Passenger Sales Department of the Year: Autoworld Timaru, Timaru
- Commercial Sales Departent of the Year: Autoworld Timaru, Timaru
- Marketing Department of the Year: Autoworld Timaru, Timaru\
- Provincial Dealer of the Year: AutoworldTimaru, Timaru
- Parts Department of the Year: Ebbett Volkswagen, Hamilton
- Service Department of the Year: Ebbett Volkswagen, Hamilton
- Business Manager: Ebbett Volkswagen, Hamilton
- Passenger Sales Department of the Year: Continental Cars, Auckland
- Commercial Sales Department of the Year: Farmer Volkswagen, Tauranga
- Marketing Department of the Year: Tristram European, Auckland and Miles Continental, Christchurch
- Metro Dealer of the Year: Ebbett Volkswagen, Hamilton